• 2000: Joined Foreign Service of Pakistan
• Since 21 May 2023: Ambassador of Pakistan to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
• 29 April 2020 – 20 May 2023: Ambassador of Pakistan to the Kingdom of Denmark.
• 2013-2016: Counsellor/Alternate Permanent Representative of Pakistan at the Permanent Mission of Pakistan to the Rome-based UN Agencies, Rome.
• 2010-2013: Counsellor Permanent Mission of Pakistan to the United Nations, New York. Member of Pakistan’s Security Council team during Pakistan’s membership of the UN Security Council from 2012 to 2013.
• 2003-2006: Consul at the Consulate General of Pakistan, Los Angeles.
Posting in Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Islamabad:
• 2018-2020: Director General (Counter Terrorism) dealing with counter terrorism at the United Nations and other multilateral forums.
• 2016-2018 and 2008-2010: Director United Nations, dealing with UN General Assembly, UN Security Council, Counter Terrorism, UN Peacekeeping and other political and peace and security issues.
• 2000-2003: Assistant Director in the United Nations Division.
• Master’s in International Relations, Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy, Tufts University, Boston, USA.
• Bachelor’s Electrical Engineering, University of Engineering and Technology, Lahore, Pakistan.
• Several trainings in public sector management.
• Memorial Medal awarded by Shanghai Cooperation Organization Regional Anti Terrorism Structure (SCO RATS) in 2020 in recognition of services rendered for the Organization
• Tamgha-e-Imtiaz awarded by President of Pakistan in recognition of services rendered for Pakistan in the completion of the FATF Action Plan.
• Married to Ayesha Ahmad, and has two children, a son and a daughter.
• Born on 11 August 1968.